Old November 28th 19, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Paul Corfield

On 28/11/2019 16:46, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On 28/11/2019 16:04, Recliner wrote:
Robin9 wrote:

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was
wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.

I think he dropped out if here before the illness. I think he may still
have been active elsewhere till about five months ago.

Does anyone know his age? I couldn't locate him on LinkedIn.

I found this that he tweeted on 29 Oct:
"Personal update - am no longer at home. Am in local palliative unit at
Whipped Cross hospital. Had become too weak to manage independently so
possibly best place for me now. Both GP and new consultant involved in
decision."

I wish I'd followed him on Twitter, as he provided regular news on his
worsening illness.

He is in a better place, one has to believe, regardless of whether that
person is religious or not.

Yes, going through his tweets, he had a sad, miserable last few months. He
doesn't seem to have had close family, and I don't think he was religious.
He used music as a distraction.

I never heard him mention music. What sort of music did he like?

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Teleman - 2014 - Breakfast