Old July 24th 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Fulham Broadway tube

"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

Incidentally, the top floor of the shopping centre, which contains
a health and fitness centre and nothing else, has an escalator up
to it and another one down from it, despite it being only about 10
feet above the floor beneath. I think the down escalator is
particularly important: I can see that no-one would use a health
and fitness centre if they had to descend a dozen steps to get out
of it. I would love to know how the business case for that
down-escalator added up when the business case for an up-escalator
from the platforms didn't. Perhaps the health and fitness centre
is hoping to be visited by Whitney Houston, and they heard that
"Whitney doesn't do steps".

I believe the escalators they use at tube stations are a bit more heavy
duty than the ones they use at shopping centres and the like, so the
tube ones cost more.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.