Old December 14th 19, 06:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Latest Heathrow master plan

In message , at 21:23:02 on Fri, 13 Dec
2019, Clive D.W. Feather remarked:
In article , writes
If the old A14 were to be dug up
and returned to farmland it wouldn't be so bad but we all know the chances of
that happening are zero.

How do you expect people to get from Godmanchester or St. Ives to
Cambridge? Yes, you could dig up one of the two carriageways but I'm not
convinced that the work would be worth the effort.

How do you expect people to get from central Huntingdon or Stukeley
Meadows to the A1 or the A14? That's also "old A14".

Then there's the viaduct over the East Coast mainline, which has been
crumbling down for years. Rather than try to rebuild what's really a
Huntingdon inner ring road, the answer is a proper bypass.

Though oddly the viaduct has already been re-designated the A1307. Apparently
the danger of it falling down seem to have disappeared.

No, it hasn't. It's been redesignated "closed".

Google Maps hasn't caught up with the closure yet.

It has, if you turn on "traffic".

But trust me, it's closed. Go and look.