Old June 25th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Oyster prepay on bus with faulty card reader

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 at 15:33:15, Graham J wrote:

If you are in a situation where the driver does make you pay, unfortunately
you will be required to pay the cash fare in order to travel. If you do
encounter this situation and have to pay the £1, we can refund the thirty
pence to you if you fill in a Refund of Fares form and send us the proof of
payment.

...which doesn't actually cover not having cash available but then I didn't
raise that point.

How would the driver know you had pre-Pay on your card rather than a bus
pass or Travelcard, if his reader was faulty so he had no way of
telling?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004