Old June 25th 04, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Oyster prepay on bus with faulty card reader

Annabel Smyth typed

How would the driver know you had pre-Pay on your card rather than a bus
pass or Travelcard, if his reader was faulty so he had no way of
telling?

I don't think he *can* know. I have a Bus Pass with some Pre-Pay. The
thought has occurred to me that when I flash my Oyster + Photocard at a
driver (and the Oyster reader shows a red light), the driver has no way
of knowing whether there is *anything at all* on my Oyster...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.