Old January 29th 20, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Dirty air killing 25x as many as car crashes

wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 16:02:19 +0000
Peter Able wrote:
On 27/01/2020 11:26, Recliner wrote:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/d...-more-than-car
-crashes-x09pp52s3?shareToken=1d8301dddec30b9b2a47e85a2ecdb 7d5

Ironic that the article associates particulates with cars when,
nationally, the greater risk will probably be from wood-burning.

PA

It would be interesting to see what the quality of air in a city street and
inside your average hut/house anytime from the neolithic to the 1950s before
the clean air act. I suspect today we're breathing cleaner air than anyone has
for a few thousand years. And imagine a house before electricity or gas
heated by a wood or coal burning hearth and lit by candles.

Particulates would have been much worse then, but what about NOx?

Lots more people seem to get asthma these days.