Old January 30th 20, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Dirty air killing 25x as many as car crashes

In message , at
12:08:07 on Thu, 30 Jan 2020, Peter Able remarked:

The challenge is to try to set today's agenda. Politicians are so
ignorant and easily conned when it comes to science. Look at the
vacillation about diesel; the gross misunderstanding of the
environmental and health issues surrounding the burning of biomass;

I've always said that growing stuff, then burning it again, is futile as
a way to reduce carbon emissions. What you need to do is grow stuff,
then capture it. For example using wood to build things with.

the mixed messages and lack of leadership surrounding wood-burning -
particularly domestic wood-burning.

What's your issue with domestic wood-burning. Pollution or CO2. I have a
wood-burner, but don't consume anything other than waste wood that I'd
otherwise take to the tip, and then they'd chip it and burn it... The
stove sees to consume any smoke that less sophisticated grates might
generate.