Old January 30th 20, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.org is offline

Default Dirty air killing 25x as many as car crashes

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 12:08:07 +0000
Peter Able wrote:
On 30/01/2020 10:23, wrote:
Indeed, and I'm one of them though not badly. Wish I knew what caused it but
its not city pollution as I get it just as much in the middle of the
countryside.

I'm not sure that it worth speculating about the past. The point you've
both missed is lifespan and lifestyle. In the days of candles, those
who made it through all of the childhood pestilences - therefore the
selected, tough ones - would die before they got to ages we would feel
cheated to die at.

Not necessarily - it depended highly on class and therefor working conditions
and diet. If you were one of the peasents you'd probably check out in your 40s
but if you were a merchant or higher then plenty lived to ripe old ages.

As for Boltar's asthma - you need to move to the coast - that's the only
place to go to depress it.

Possibly, but like most people I have to live near where the work is. A 2
hour each way commute from the coast in some Southern or SWR cattle wagon
isn't my idea of a good work-life balance.