Old March 9th 20, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

On 09/03/2020 16:41, wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 14:31:37 +0000
MissRiaElaine wrote:

A friend to me is someone I relate to, common interests and such like.
Distance doesn't come into it in the present era of t'interweb. I speak
to my friends in the US on the phone often, and as a result would like
to visit.

Ah online "friends". Not the same thing at all.

Not the same, but to me as equally a friend as someone who lives
locally. I can pick up the phone and call them, if I feel so inclined
and have made myself look reasonably presentable, I can have a video
call with them.

The only thing I can't do is go to the pub with them, but there are
plenty of people I know that I wouldn't want to be in the same pub as..!

I do have friends I can go to the pub with, but that's not my sole
definition of the word.

We'll have to agree to differ on that then.

Indeed. I see no reason not to call someone a friend just because we
aren't in the same location.

--
Ria in Aberdeen