Old March 13th 20, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default TfL's enhanced cleaning regime

This is an extract from the weekly TfL newsletter:

Enhanced cleaning regime for public transport

We have introduced an enhanced cleaning regime to improve the already
high hygiene levels on London's public transport.

While Public Health England has stated there are no specific concerns
about using public transport, TfL has chosen to make improvements to
its well-established cleaning programme. Cleaning across the Tube and
bus network now includes additional substances that kill viruses and
bacteria on contact in order to reduce the risk of coronavirus
spreading.

Our trains, stations and buses are already professionally cleaned
daily, but last Friday we began to roll out an enhanced anti-viral
fluid on Tube trains and stations to provide added protection. Key
interchanges will be cleaned more regularly than usual, including
during the day.

All buses will now be carefully wiped down with strong disinfectant
every day in regular touched areas, such as poles and doors. We will
also use this disinfectant in depots and drivers' cabs, which were
previously cleaned regularly with traditional disinfectant.

We are also in the final testing stages of a new, longer lasting
cleaning agent that would provide anti-viral protection for up to 30
days. We hope to begin using it across the network in the next couple
of weeks.

In the meantime, Public Health England urges everyone to wash their
hands regularly throughout the day, before eating and when arriving at
work or home. Following this advice ensures that using public
transport is as safe as the rest of the city. By using enhanced fluids
with anti-viral qualities, we aim to make it even safer.