Old June 27th 04, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Picc derailment at Hammersmith

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , M J Forbes
writes
Where does an westbound Heathrow train become eastbound? T4 ot T123?

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that
the displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Presumably for the benefit of people boarding at T123? Drivers have long
been changing the destination blind at the penultimate station, both to
advise those joining the train at the terminal and to save a minute or two
allowing for a pee or a can of tea.

In fact, it's normal to change the destination at (or just after departing
from) Hatton Cross, so that people waiting at T4 and wishing to get into
town don't get confused by a train turning up with "Heathrow" on the front
(at least, that's the way I used to do it). The operational switch from WB
to EB takes place at Heathrow 123.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.