Old March 20th 20, 01:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc
Sam Wilson[_2_] Sam Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Tube partially shut due to Kung Flu

wrote:
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 10:46:56 -0000 (UTC)
Sam Wilson wrote:
wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:29:33 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:

Actually, I think the UK government is handling it fairly well, no worse
than other European countries, and much better than the US. The
government's decisions are being made with the best available scientific
advice, and they're not afraid to change course when the advice changes.

The scientific advice is merely a detached objective view of how to best
contain the spread of a disease. It is not taking the short or long term
economic or social consequencies into account.

https://youtu.be/hiKuxfcSrEU

Hilarious. Want to see what happens when the economy collapses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XsxD1Y7knI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GovzMEgESKA

But yeah, thats far better than dealing with some ill elderly people who may
die a year or 2 earlier that they would have done otherwise.

And if you think I'm scaremongering look how fast the riots in london took off
a few years ago.

I don’t think you’re scaremongering, I think you’re missing the point -
it’s not going to be “what if old people die, I’m alright, Jack”; if we get
the science wrong then the economy tanks just the same as if getting the
science right but ignoring the economy does. Signs are that the government
hasn’t really got it, or doesn’t care.

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as