Old March 31st 20, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Crossrail construction halted

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:30:23 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 30/03/2020 15:10, wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 11:57:15 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:43:51 on Mon, 30 Mar
2020,
remarked:

There's nothing the media - particularly the BBC - like to do more than
turn a situation into a crisis then disingenuously claim that they're
only "reporting the facts". They did exactly the same thing with Brexit
with any academic with an axe to grind who was willing to claim that it
would cause food shortages etc being given air time.

We haven't go to the point in the Brexit process where such an outcome
would start to manifest itself. "No Deal", or something approaching it.

Thats odd because I distincly remember George Osborne and Mark Carney

claiming
the pould would collapse due to massive sell offs in the city and the UK

would
be destitute within months going cap in hand to the IMF if we dared vote to
leave back in 2016. It would seem their crystal balls were on the blink that
day. Ditto there were predictions that the day we left the EU regardless of
whether we were still marching in tune temporarily , the sky would fall on
our heads etc.

We haven't actually left yet…

Sorry? We have very much left you plank, we're simply following EU rules and
regs at the moment.