Old April 20th 20, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Free travel on London busses

On 20/04/2020 21:45, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 02:54:21AM +0100, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/04/2020 23:54, Recliner wrote:
The screens are for virus, not yob, protection.

Not with holes in so you can hear people talk.

A screen with some holes in will provide a great deal of protection.
Obviously not perfect, for that you need to wear a space suit.

I have vivid memories of pulling up at a bus stop somewhere in east
Birmingham about 15 years or so ago. There were two teenagers (I'm
guessing about 13 or 14) waiting, they looked ok(ish) so I stopped and
opened the doors.

Without attempting to board, they let fly with the contents of a large
box of raw eggs. Enough of the goo made it through the holes to give me
a very good start on an egg shampoo.

I wouldn't have minded so much but the first words of the controller
when I called on the radio to report it were not "are you ok" or "do you
want the police" or anything, all he said was "can you carry on in
service..?"

"Erm, let me think... I'm sitting here with my hair and half my uniform
covered in egg goo, what do you think..?"

Incidentally, I have also been spat at on more than one occasion through
those holes.

--
Ria in Aberdeen