Old May 10th 20, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Nice empty tube

In message , at 06:38:38 on Sun, 10 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Sophie Raworth, the newsreader, is a keen runner, and often commutes to the
BBC that way. During the lockdown, she's been varying her six mile route
to pass through unusually empty areas at lunchtime, and has been taking
photos:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52155029

It's nice when you've got a well-paid part-time job and have the luxury
of being able to do that kind of thing.

Part-time job? She arrives at lunchtime and does the Six and Ten.

Only a few days a week. And she doesn't do the Ten O'clock every time
she's on the Six O'clock.

Not many people have a home within six miles of Oxford Circus, or can
afford the time to jog back and forth six miles anywhere. And of course
she'll have a dressing room to change from the jogging outfit into her
work clothes. I have no interest in dissecting her childcare
arrangements, but whether paid for, or having a part-time employed
husband, it's another consideration[1], noting how important in
transport survey the school-run is, chart22 he

https://assets.publishing.service.go...s/system/uploa
ds/attachment_data/file/823068/national-travel-survey-2018.pdf

It's nice work if you can get it, but hardly a role model for the vast
majority of the working public.

[1] FAOD, I've been that part-time employed husband, or organiser of a
nanny, in our household, freeing up my wife to work unsocial hours.
When she was doing an evening radio show, broadcast from studios
near Carnaby St, it was a bit of a long way to jog from Surbiton, so
she took the train. Of course the unsocial hours can be the other
end of the day, with researchers calling at 7am and wanting
broadcastable comments soon after.