Old May 10th 20, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Nice empty tube

In message , at 07:52:21 on Sun, 10 May
2020, michael adams remarked:

"Recliner" wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:36:36 on Sat, 9 May 2020,
Recliner remarked:

Sophie Raworth, the newsreader, is a keen runner, and often commutes to the
BBC that way. During the lockdown, she's been varying her six mile route
to pass through unusually empty areas at lunchtime, and has been taking
photos:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-52155029

It's nice when you've got a well-paid part-time job and have the luxury
of being able to do that kind of thing.

Part-time job? She arrives at lunchtime and does the Six and Ten.

There's simply no pleasing Roland.

If she went to work in a taxi, paid for by the BBC, then that would clearly
be a complete waste of licence payers, i.e. our money.

Compared to her £200k salary, it's peanuts.

Whereas if she jogs to work, then she's clearly got too much time on her hands.

What I'm saying is she's *lucky* to have that time on her hands, so what
she does isn't a particularly good role model for the rest of us.

That and the fact that Roland could obviously make a far better job of
reading an autocue than Sophie Raworth ever could. If only he had the
looks.

I've not done much autocue work, more likely to be on the other side of
the table, having to extemporise sensible sounding answers in real time.

Most recent was with Simon McCoy on BBC afternoon news. And no, they
didn't pay my travelling expenses (but as it happens I was in the area
already when the call came through).