Old May 10th 20, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Nice empty tube

In message , at 09:54:13 on Sun, 10 May
2020, michael adams remarked:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

If she went to work in a taxi, paid for by the BBC, then that would clearly
be a complete waste of licence payers, i.e. our money.

Compared to her £200k salary, it's peanuts.

Is it really £200K ? Just for reading an autocue ? It really makes
you think doesn't it ? Thats' £3.8 k a week. Even after tax that's
still £1.9 k. Every single week. Just for reading an autocue for a
few minutes.

The job's much more than that, but nice try.

You can see why some people are so upset. And its our
Licence Payer's money as well,

What I'm saying is she's *lucky* to have that time on her hands, so
what she does isn't a particularly good role model for the rest of us.

According to your other post, she jogs six miles each way. Which at
a reasonable average speed of 4-6 mph should take between 2 and 3
hours per day.

Are you seriously suggesting that somebody who spends between 2 and 3
hours per day exercising, is a poor role model ?

It's a lot more than most people exercise, but that's not the point.

Few people can fit that type of commute around their work and home life
schedule, even if they weren't having the change/shower etc.

What do you suggest she should be doing instead ?

She has a husband and three youngish children for starters, which is
going to keep all of them busy.