Old May 11th 20, 11:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Nice empty tube

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:19:12 on Mon, 11 May
2020, Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:04:15 on Mon, 11 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

She has to commute to work anyway, and this is probably the safest,
healthiest way to do so right now.

Possibly, depending how healthy one views running as. Personally I
don't think
the risks to the knees are worth it hence I cycle instead.

She runs marathons and ultra-marathons, so this is just part of her
training regime. Six miles is probably not much more than a warm-up for
her, so she might be deliberately finding longer, interesting routes.

Even more the case that this isn't much of a commuting method that the
general public can aspire to.

Did anyone say it was?

Yes the whole discussion is predicated on the myth that "If Sophie can
avoid public transport and jog to work, the rest of you can too".

That wasn't why I posted the link. I just thought her pictures were
interesting.