Old June 28th 04, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default London Orbital (M25) - Service Areas

In message , Robin Cox
writes
There is a picnic area at Heston (M4) Eastbound.

I've never noticed that. Is it slightly off the motorway (ie you leave
at a junction rather than pulling off onto an "in line" parking area"?

There is also a current planning application to build 120 units of
affordable housing on it - which makes me think that not many people
picnic there.

Bad siting I suspect. Too close to London to be a "convenient break,
especially for "picnic" type meals. And would *you* choose to picnic
in Heston?! ;-)

--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for