Old May 17th 20, 06:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Kings Cross and Euston

I'm catching up with the rather excellent "The Architecture The Railways
Built" on channel "Yesterday". They mention that Kings Cross was listed
in 1954 as one of the oldest London termini, after Euston. Which kind of
begs the question, why wasn't Euston listed as well? Or was it
demolished in the 1960s despite being already listed? I had previously
been led to believe that the concept of listed buildings only came about
after outrage at the demolition of Euston, but that would appear to be
incorrect.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
James White - 1983 - James White's Flaming Demonics