Old May 20th 20, 09:12 AM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Perry View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52708757

Some rather surprising inclusions and omissions:

Full list of London's busiest stations: [nb no "to avoid"]

Barking
Brixton
Canada Water
Canary Wharf
Canning Town
Clapham Junction
East Croydon
East Ham
Lewisham
Leyton
Liverpool Street
London Bridge
North Acton
Seven Sisters
Stratford
Walthamstow Central
West Croydon
West Ham
Wood Green
Woolwich Arsenal

eg Wood Green, but not
Oxford-Circus/Bank/Hloborn/Victoria/Waterloo/Paddington/Euston/KGX-STP/et
c/etc.
The surprise is that stations like Oxford Circus and those others
you've cited are not in the most busy group. To me, living in Leyton,
it's not surprising to learn that Wood Green, North Acton and Leyton
are three of the busiest. (The others listed are all interchange stations
which hugely increases the footfall).

Leyton Underground Station - and I have done the count several times -
has in the off-peak periods about 25 passengers every three minutes
coming onto the westbound platform with a similar number
alighting from trains in the opposite direction. In the peak periods
the numbers are much higher. (These figures are of course pre-Covid 19)

When I travel off-peak south of the river on National Rail services, I'm
always startled by how few people use the trains.