Old May 27th 20, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Coronavirus: TfL reveals 20 busiest Tube and train

On Wed, 27 May 2020 13:42:24 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 08:54:32AM +0000, wrote:

Any government with a working pair of ******** (which rules out the current

one)
could enact emergency legislation at a time like this to put the unions
back in their box by making striking illegal for X months and shutting down
any union that proposes it.

That would never get through parliament. There are a lot of Tory MPs who
are decent human beings and not caricatures. And then there's the Lords.

I'm sure 3 months ago people would have said the exact same thing about putting
the entire country under effective house arrest. Believe me, it would get
through and the lords are irrelevant anyway as any legislation can eventually
be forced through. All the lords do is delay it.