Old June 3rd 20, 08:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 22:37:20 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 02/06/2020 20:58, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
R numbers, K numbers, X Y and Z numbers, I don't care, I've had enough.
I want my life back.

The R number is a method of blinding the plebs with science. It sounds
complex and technical therefor it must be true. Shame it bears little
resemblence to actual reality.

Yes, I think a growing number of people feel the same. Most people now
realise that the risk to them personally is extremely low, and they're
prepared to risk it, just as we (collectively) risk eating out, crossing
the road, eating unhealthily, drinking and/or smoking, using public
transport, climbing mountains, winter sports, etc, etc.

Exactly. Its time to start treating people as adults once more. The longer
they continue to treat us as children the less respect they'll command. Its
pretty obvious given whats happening on beaches that a large proportion of
the public no longer give a stuff about anything the government says and thats
not a good situation for a government to be in. But with the continuation of
2m distancing and Priti Useless Patel pushing her 14 day quarantine I fear
they're just not listening.