Old June 3rd 20, 11:13 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

wrote in message
On 03/06/2020 09:24, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 23:08:29 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jun 2020 07:04:37 -0500
Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
wrote:

Roll all you like. Governments have been playing the fear card for
months
now
but as Sweden and Japan have shown, this virus isn't nearly as
contagious
or deadly as they would have us believe.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/swed...-herd-immunity

Wired? Give me a break. As for well and truly failed - how can a herd
immunity approach that has less deaths per million than belgium, UK,
spain
and
italy and only slight more than france which all had tight lockdowns be
said
have failed exactly?

Default behaviours in different countries/regions differ, and therefore
affect their 'default' transmission rates. It appears that Sweden's
'default' death rate is around the same as our lockdown death rate,
presumably because they do stuff like not hugging random strangers as a

We don't tend to hug random strangers here in the UK, nor do they do that
much in Belgium AFAIK. You're clutching at straws.

greeting. Their transmission rate is around eight times their
presumably-comparable neighbours; therefore, without lockdown, would our

Why does everyone assume NOrway and Denmark are equivalent to Sweden?
Just
because they all speak dialects of the same language?

AIUI, the Norwegians are still angry at Sweden for allowing the Germans to
march through into Norway.

As that isn't how the Germans got to Norway, You've made that up

tim