Old June 4th 20, 08:28 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:59:14 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 03/06/2020 09:17, wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 19:38:16 +0100
wrote:
On 02/06/2020 17:00,
wrote:
Life is full of compromises and if the government persist with this 2m
nonsense even against the advice of the WHO then they are going to utterly
kill
the economy of this country. Not just in retail, leisure and travel but in
factories that can't operate efficiently - if at all - with 2m distancing

of
their employees.

I'm sure Bozo the Clown knows this but he's too in thrall to a bunch of
"experts" whose expertise seems to be based on little more than
suck-it-and-see
statistics.

OK. So we reduce the 2m distancing to 1m. This will increase the R
number a little. What are you going to restrict instead to compensate
and bring the R number back to what it would otherwise be?

I couldn't give a toss about the R number or any of this bloody nonsense
any more. The medics the government are listening to at exclusion of
EVERYONE else can only see one side of a very large equation.

And you know better of course.

Its not just me saying it. Plenty of heavyweights on both sides of parliament
have expressed similar views and a number of scientists have expressed doubt
whether its worth the pain.