Old June 4th 20, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
I've now received official notification from TfL of the new rule:

From Monday 15 June, we are making temporary changes to the 60+ London
Oyster card and the Older Person's Freedom Pass during morning peak
hours. These changes are being introduced following TfL's funding
agreement with Government which required temporary restrictions for
customers with these concession cards.

Passengers with a 60+ Oyster card, Older Person's Freedom Pass, or
English National Concessionary Scheme pass will not be able to use
these cards before 09:00 on weekday mornings.

I didn't realise that National card holders could travel before 9:30 anyway

I think they get exactly the same free use of London buses as Londoners do
(except, of course, that the Croydon Tram has bus fares, but isn't included
for national bus pass holders).

All in all, not a restriction I will notice (unless I have to make a trip to
the airport)

Yes, pretty much the same here.