Old June 5th 20, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

In article , Recliner
writes
Consider the London borough of Brent, which has had the highest percentage
of excess deaths this year. Those excess deaths amount to 0.15% of the
population. So, even in the highest risk area, where an NHS hospital had to
declare an emergency, 99.85% did not die from the plague.

On the other hand, the excess deaths this year so far exceed the total
deaths from the Blitz and are about 70% of the total civilian deaths in
WW2.

(I accept the population is about 35% higher now.)

UK deaths from the "Spanish Flu" pandemic of 1919 were about 0.6% of the
population. We're currently at about 1/10 of that.

--
Clive D.W. Feather