Old June 6th 20, 08:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

"ColinR" wrote in message
On 05/06/2020 20:22, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , writes
All your money. Not the company's - yours. All officers of the business
are subject to an unlimited fine.

I'd still risk it. Unlimited fines are meaningless if you only have a
small
amount of savings and debt collectors can't take your house and make
you
homeless by law.

I'm not talking about debt collectors, I'm talking about a court.

I don't know what powers they have to take your money, but I suspect
it's somewhat higher than someone collecting on behalf of your landlord.

You seem never to watch "Can't pay, they'll take it away" which follows
High Court sheriffs enforcing court orders. Note these are often County
Court orders which have been escalated as sheriffs have greater powers
than bailiffs.

They cannot take your house if you are the owner / mortgage holder but
they can take almost everything else worth money. There are limits, no
beds, cookers etc to allow you to live, but computers, TVs, cars are all
fair game.

Just because bailiffs (under any name) cannot take your house just by
knocking on your door with a court warrant

doesn't mean that there isn't a process for a creditor to apply for a court
order to take it, to satisfy the debt

HTH

tim

--