Old June 28th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default BBC4 Now!

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Richard J. wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Nick Cooper wrote:

Yeti on teh Underground!

Whuh?

And in other ridiculous news:

http://urchin.earth.li/~twic/tmp/blank-poster.jpg

Ugh! Dash after semi-colon!

When neither are necessary - there really shouldn't be any punctuation at
all right there.

Maybe it's an attempt at a smiley, to show that the author was aware of
the combination of joke and koan implicit in "intentionally left blank"
posters. A winking smiley with no mouth; or with no nose and a long,
gaping mouth, reminiscent of Munch's 'The Scream'. I really hope it's just
bad grammar, as either of those would actually be a bit unnerving.

The author needs to be Trussed up.

It says at the bottom what looks like "Post at Piccadilly line
stations", which suggests that some important Picc-specific poster is
awaited.

I thought it was just because it had a Pictish colour scheme, but that
would make far more sense.

tom

--
If I want consciousness expansion, i go to my local tabernacle and i SING!