Old June 8th 20, 08:00 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

In message , at 07:45:28 on Mon, 8 Jun
2020, remarked:
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than simply going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case (and I suspect Clive's) the shop is 10 miles away and has no
parking. So you have to queue to get into the council car park then go
round and up and round and up and round and up to find a space. Walk
five minutes to the store which has a queue at Customer Services, then
walk back and *pay*, then go round and down and round and down and round
and down and queue to exit. Then drive 10 miles home.

Rather than drop a package off at a convenience store within short
walking distance of home (or has free parking on the street outside).