Old June 8th 20, 01:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

On 08/06/2020 13:20, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:58:52 on Mon, 8 Jun 2020,
remarked:

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30
minuteÂ* round trip to the Post Office.

Â*You don't have a suitable inconvenience store closer?
Â*
https://www.parcel2go.com/ is a good source for finding one.

Interesting.

The distances are as the gulls fly and it shows Morrisons as my
closest at 0.69 miles which necessitates swimming across the River Ely
to achieve.Â* The walking distance will be about 1.05 miles so in
comparison with the Post Office will be about 40 minutes.

Why are you prevented from driving the 1.05 miles?

It's routed via footbridge.

I lied as according to Google maps it's 1.2 miles each way to walk and
it's also 2.0 miles to drive outbound as a right turn is prohibited and
1.4 miles inbound.

My policy is to travel on foot for such local trips unless I need too
much shopping. It's healthy.