Old June 9th 20, 09:10 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

On 09/06/2020 07:54, tim... wrote:

wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 10:46:39 +0100
wrote:
On 08/06/2020 08:45,
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 20:19:01 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article ,
writes
Well, the typical "try out" approach is to order the same shoe in
sizes
9, 9 1/2 and 10, keep one pair and return the other two.

On what planet?

The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to
M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the
postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than
simply
going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case it's a 60 minute round trip back to the shop or a 30 minute
round trip to the Post Office.

Where do you live, the isle of skye?

at 3 miles per hour walking pace that us decrepit oldies manage

that 0.75 miles each way

That would be about right.

The 60 minute round trip to the shops included walking to and from the
railway station at each end but excludes waiting time for the next train.

I'm not a person who jumps in my car at every opportunity as I regard it
a mode of travel of almost last resort, just behind buses which are a
last resort.