Old June 9th 20, 08:06 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

In message , at 07:56:09 on Tue, 9 Jun 2020,
tim... remarked:

"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote in message news:yzjqU4DVP
In article , Roland Perry
writes
The one we, if not you, live on. I just posted some clothes back to M&S
today ordered on just that basis (not shoes). They even pay the postage.

I find it incredible that anyone could find that less hassle than
simply going
back to the shop and getting an immediate refund/exchange.

In my case (and I suspect Clive's) the shop is 10 miles away and has no
parking. So you have to queue to get into the council car park then go
round and up and round and up and round and up to find a space. Walk
five minutes to the store which has a queue at Customer Services, then
walk back and *pay*, then go round and down and round and down and round
and down and queue to exit. Then drive 10 miles home.

Not quite 10 miles: 9.3 to Lion Yard or 7.4 to Park Street (which is a
longer walk). In each case, about 3 quid for parking. Or 25 minutes each
way on a bus for I forget what fare. But you've got the basics right.

25 minutes for a 10 mile bus journey is pretty good going

are there no stops on the way

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/routes/east/5/fenstanton-
cambridge/xeeo005.i