Old June 9th 20, 07:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default New boarding on London's buses

In article , tim...
writes
Not quite 10 miles: 9.3 to Lion Yard or 7.4 to Park Street (which is a
longer walk). In each case, about 3 quid for parking. Or 25 minutes each
way on a bus for I forget what fare. But you've got the basics right.

25 minutes for a 10 mile bus journey is pretty good going

The 10 miles was a long way round because the council don't like people
being able to drive through the city.

The bus is more like 7 miles. I also see that the time has been slowed
to 37 minutes because they've merged two routes. So perhaps closer to 10
miles after all.

are there no stops on the way

Plenty, especially with the combined routes. Looks like 27 rather than
the usual 17 or 18. Though experience says the bus won't stop at half of
them because nobody wants to get on or off.

--
Clive D.W. Feather