Old June 28th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Liverpool Street - Central Line Sidings

On 28 Jun 2004 11:05:49 -0700, (Paul Marks) wrote:

Hello

Anyone out there answer my question - at Liverpool Street Central Line
I saw a tunnel off to the right going eastbound and on the westbound
to the left. I assume this is the sidings - do the eastbound and
westbound tracks join together for one siding or are there two.
Also on the westbound coming out of Liverpool Street - was i imagining
that I saw tunnel going to sidings as well. I seem to remember in
another thread there was mention of 2 sidings there ?
Hope someone can help

IIRC there is a two track siding at the east end of the station. This is
what your first observation relates to. At the western end I think there
is a crossover - I don't know which way it runs. Someone with a bit more
knowledge than me will be pop up with the right answer very shortly.
--
Paul C