Old June 25th 20, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Near miss on Met

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:42:37 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:54:45 +0100
"Clive D.W. Feather" wrote:
In article , writes
Don't know if this has already been posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aunched-commut
er
-train-going-wrong-way-London-Tube-line-nearly-crashes.html

How on earth can this happen?

Possibilities based on what I can see:

(1) Met train is heading for Chesham, the points are therefore set to
cross over, and the Chiltern train SPADed.

(2) Previous train through the area was a Met train to Chesham, the
points haven't been moved since, and the Chiltern train SPADed.

Does that part of the Met still have tripcocks and if so surely they would
have prevented these 2 possibilities?

Yes, it still has trip cocks. The new signalling hasn't got that far. So,
unlikely to be a SPaD.

Presumably Chiltern won't be paying for the met line train control system
to be fitted to their DMUs so I guess TfL will have to fork out for that
when the time comes. I wonder if its worth it given the trains on that
section arn't exactly frequent.