Old June 26th 20, 03:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default Near miss on Met

In article , writes
Yes, it still has trip cocks. The new signalling hasn't got that far. So,
unlikely to be a SPaD.

Presumably Chiltern won't be paying for the met line train control system
to be fitted to their DMUs so I guess TfL will have to fork out for that
when the time comes. I wonder if its worth it given the trains on that
section arn't exactly frequent.

If I remember correctly, that section will have "overlay": the new
system will drive the coloured lights to show the correct colours
corresponding to the issued movement authorities.

Richmond and Wimbledon, on the other hand, will have "underlay": the
signal aspects are fed back to the control centre which generates
movement authorities to correspond.

(I may have the names the wrong way round, but the concepts are right.)

--
Clive D.W. Feather