Old June 27th 20, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default PT today

In message , at 06:42:09 on Sat, 27 Jun
2020, tim... remarked:

Can you get a home antibody test, to check if you've
had and recovered from it?

I didn't think that such a test was routinely available, even in the
private market

I thought all of these tests were speculate and unreliable

They are probably still testing the tests.

And, of course, even if you have antibodies, how much does that protect
you, both over time and against different strains. So how confident are
we that the quote[1] in the bumf is actually not actually causing *over*
confidence?

I know someone who took this test recently:

https://www.fortressdiagnostics.com/...tibody-igm-igg

It's quick, at home, but a bit fiddly.

So they are available through certain channels.

[1] "It showed that I have the IGG antibody which means I've had
COVID19. It's given me huge confidence to return to work safely."