Old July 2nd 20, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Near miss on Met

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Peter
Able writes
IIRC Ongar used to be the tube station most distant from central london and
that only closed in 94.

That was my first instinct, but from Clive's website I see that I was
wrong !

As already discussed, it depends on what you count as "Central London".

My instinct is to use the Circle Line as the point to measure to. On
that basis (all numbers rounded):

Brill: 81 km
Verney Jn: 80 km
Quainton Rd: 70 km
Aylesbury: 60 km
Chesham: 42 km
Amersham: 38 km
Ongar: 37 km
Windsor & Eton Central: 35 km
Epping: 27 km
Uxbridge via Acton: 27 km
Uxbridge: 26 km
Watford Jn: 26 km
Watford Market via Finchley: 26 km
Upminster: 24 km
Heathrow: 23 km
Bushey Heath via Finchley: 20 km
Ealing Broadway: 20 km
High Barnet: 16 km
Edgware via Finchley: 16 km
Edgware via Golders Green: 14 km
Morden: 14 km
Mill Hill East: 11 km

Some more surprises the I'd always assumed that Verney Junction was
further than Brill. And I'm surprised that Upminster is only slightly
further than Heathrow (T5, I presume?). Windsor and Eton Central is also
much closer than I'd guessed.