Old July 4th 20, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Near miss on Met

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Recliner
writes
Some more surprises the I'd always assumed that Verney Junction was
further than Brill.

Verney Junction would be 127.83 km from Ongar and Brill would be 128.3
km.

Of course, Ongar and Brill/Verney Junction weren't part of the LU/Met
network at the same time, so they'd never have appeared on one network map.

And I'm surprised that Upminster is only slightly
further than Heathrow (T5, I presume?).

Upminster to Minories Jn is 36.43-12.19 = 24.24 km.
Gloucester Road to Heathrow T5 is 69.40-45.42 = 23.98 km.

I forgot about T4. It's at 71.53 (so more than 2 km further than T5) but
that's via T2&3. Going direct from Hatton Cross it would be at 66.83.

As it's a one-way loop, which would be the 'official' direction to measure?
I suppose, if all distances are measured from Ongar, you'd measure the
direct route. Would that be measured assuming switches at Mile End and
Hammersmith?

Windsor and Eton Central is also much closer than I'd guessed.

25.01 km beyond Ealing Broadway.