Old July 4th 20, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Near miss on Met

On 02/07/2020 21:19, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , Peter
Able writes
IIRC Ongar used to be the tube station most distant from central london and
that only closed in 94.

That was my first instinct, but from Clive's website I see that I was
wrong !

As already discussed, it depends on what you count as "Central London".

My instinct is to use the Circle Line as the point to measure to. On
that basis (all numbers rounded):

That's exactly why I changed what was going to be straight comparison of
distances to be how far the Chesham line would have got when the Ongar
got to the Bank. Seemed a far more graphical comparison to have one in
the city and the other not even within the Circle.

Good to see research and data overturn accepted BS.

PA