Old July 20th 20, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.org is offline

Default No black LEDs?

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:01:11 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 01:09:02 -0000 (UTC)
API anyone can connect to or is it paid subscription included in the price
of the board that will eventually run out.

The TfL API is public, and other apps use it. But I get the impression here
that the API is accessed from a program running on the company's server,
with the boards communicating with that. This has the advantage of being
able to handle changes to the API, but obviously depends on the company
continuing to run its server, and updating its software as required.

Indeed. I've had that issue myself when I discovered the hard way that
the network streamer I own has to phone home first before it'll do anything
and last month the manufacturers server went down for a day and I had a
very expensive brick with an error message on its screen. I wonder how
long it'll be before I have to pay a subscription to keep it running.