Old August 2nd 20, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_4_] Graham Harrison[_4_] is offline

Default DLR to Thamesmead

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 21:15:53 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

This consultation dates from 2020 BC (Before Covid) so I'm not sure if
this project is even alive now. There's a map at
https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/202...smead-advance/

I'm mystified by the plan. Would the trains reverse at Beckton to get
there? Or would Beckton have its own service and Thamesmead have its own
service? Extending from Woolwich seems to make more sense - or reversing
at Woolwich, since the trains actually curve around under the river to
come into Woolwich from the east. This would give people in Thamesmead
direct service to Woolwich and City Airport, whereas plugging them into
the Beckton Branch doesn't really give them much. It would also remove
the extra Thames Tunnel from the plan, so should work out cheaper.

Will we actually need any extension in the future?