Old August 3rd 20, 06:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default DLR to Thamesmead

On 03/08/2020 01:03, Recliner wrote:

But, as far as Thamesmead is concerned, I think it would be much better
served by a tram route to Abbey Wood. That would provide much more capacity
and speed into central London, both via the classic route into London
Bridge and Crossrail.

I never understood why the justification for bringing Crossrail to Abbey
Wood was to serve Thamesmead, when Crossrail could have skipped Woolwich
and gone to Thamesmead before joining the North Kent line at Belvedere.
And now they're talking about extending the DLR because they've suddenly
noticed that Crossrail at Abbey Wood doesn't serve Thamesmead.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Girls At Our Best! - 1980 - Getting Nowhere Fast