Old August 31st 20, 09:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default Dukes Avenue bridge, on disused Alexandra Palace branch,may be demolished

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 30/08/2020 23:48, Basil Jet wrote:

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/herit...shed-1-6733534

Doesn't appear to be architecturally distinguished though a nice example
of a brick built arch bridge.

Surprised it hasn’t been absolutely covered in Graffiti like others along
the Parkland walk ,
a few years ago I took the W3 bus from F/Park to Ally Pally and it passed
under one of the bridges
on the route and it looked like the hanging gardens of Babylon due to Ivy
etc and while at least it looked better than graffiti probably wasn’t
doing the structure much good.
Looking at street view (on an I pad so no historical option) I cannot
identify it now so must have been tidied up, at least one bridge has
already been replaced by a much lighter structure to retain the footpath.

GH