Old August 31st 20, 09:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Dukes Avenue bridge, on disused Alexandra Palace branch, may be

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:39:05 +0100
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 08:46:10 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 23:48:23 +0100
Basil Jet wrote:
https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/herit...-could-be-demo
li
shed-1-6733534

Never mind demolishing it - they should reinstate the line to muswell hill.

All
the trackbed is still in situ from there back to highgate sidings and putting

track back down and restoring highgate high level station would cost buttons

in
comparisons to white elephants such as crossrail. I'm pretty sure a shuttle
service to and from highgate to catch the main northern line would be pretty
popular given the current alternative is the bus to wood green.

Which line? I believe the original 'Northern Heights' project was to
extend the Northern Line to Alexandra Palace. Are you looking at a
branch or just a shuttle from the high level station at Highgate? If
the latter, could it be trams rather than trains?

Yes, a shuttle to highgate high level. Taking the line back to finsbury park
would be next to impossible now and the short section from muswell hill to the
palace has a school built on the trackbed so thats a non starter. I guess you
could use a tram but given there's a large northern line depot at highgate it
would probably be easier just to use a northern line train, perhaps 3 cars only.

Is the project to build a hotel at Alexandra Palace still live? Maybe
the developers could contribute.

Beats me, not heard about it. I don't live in that area but I do visit quite
often.