Old September 1st 20, 09:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Dukes Avenue bridge, on disused Alexandra Palace branch, may be

wrote:
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 07:12:50 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:39:05 +0100
would probably be easier just to use a northern line train, perhaps 3 cars

only.

Although they're formed of two half-sets (DM-T-UNDM), I don't think any
double-ended half sets exist, so there are no three-car trains to run.

Ah, didn't know that. Well I'm sure they could sort something out but its
all academic anyway as the line would never have happened anyway and certainly
not now with the state of TfLs finances. Its a good thing the battersea
extension is almost done or that would probably have got the chop but I
suspect the bakerloo extension is now dead in the water.

Yes, all TfL projects that weren't already under way are on hold.

So, the new Piccadilly line train order is going ahead, but the extension
of the order to replace the even-older Bakerloo line trains is on hold.
That delay will become expensive if it leads to a break in production in
Goole. And, of course, the Bakerloo extension, also on hold, will depend on
the new train order going ahead. The Piccadilly resignalling, needed for a
higher frequency service, is also on hold. So they can't order the extra
trains that the Piccadilly would need for that higher frequency service. It
really is a logjam.