Old September 14th 20, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Hammersmith Horror story

In message , at 11:03:35 on Mon, 14
Sep 2020, Marland remarked:

Given they've now banned pedestrians and cyclists from the bridge one can
only assume its gone beyond needing repair and has moved into dangerous
structure territory. I wonder what effect that'll have on river traffic
beneath if they're worry bits are going to fall off.

All River traffic has been prohibited.

http://www.pla.co.uk/Local-authority...ersmith-Bridge

Unlike the roads where diversions though inconvenient exist the
alternatives for river users are far less.

Fewer, perhaps. Just the Regents Canal route I suspect.

The idea though of bits falling off might make the University Boat Race a
bit more interesting

I noticed one of the Cambridge crews was out practising today, but not
in a boat. They were using socially-distanced rowing machines on the
bank.