Old September 16th 20, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hammersmith Horror story

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 09:15:18PM -0000, Recliner wrote:

There's bound to be some noisy heritage lobby that would be up in arms at
any suggestion ...

Of course. It's a listed building for no apparent reason.

In Victorian times, when every man wore a beard the size of a yew,
Britain ruled the world. In the early 20th century, when the beard
was trimmed to a moustache, we scraped through two world wars but
lost an empire. Today, when Mach3 Turbo multi-blades are the norm,
our national pride derives largely from beating the Swedes at
Olympic cycling.

Grow a beard. Your country needs you.