Old September 18th 20, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Drayton Park stock transfers

On 17/09/2020 18:01, Trolleybus wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 09:38:23 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Robin9 wrote:

I'm no authority on London Underground's work systems
but I was always under the impression the Drayton Park/
Moorgate service was operated as a self contained entity.

Obviously servicing and maintenance had to be done at some
other location so empty stock movements were bound to occur
and have no great significance.

As a minor line, it probably came under the management of another line,
presumably the Northern, just as the Drain does today. But, as you say,
that wouldn't necessarily affect stock maintenance and transfers.

But did the maintenance depot change when they closed the direct
Finsbury Park to Highgate route? Up until then Highgate Depot or
another on the Northern was the obvious place to perform maintenance.

I doubt it. In the 1960s Highgate and Drayton Park were on a par with
Edgware - Minor Depots with some covered accommodation. Heavy work was
carried out at Neasden and Acton - I'd guess both before and after the
1972 track-lift.

PA